- This event has passed.
Crisis Management – Extreme Risk Events *new*
September 23 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm BST
One event on 24th February 2020 at 9:00 am
Whilst it is improbable that your organisation will deliberately set out to harm itself, sometimes extreme events arise from the most unexpected circumstances. This course explores the unlikely and maps the actions that an organisation should have in place to control crises, and what you should review to give assurance that all reasonable steps are in place to control extreme events.
Who should attend?
The course is open to all.
What will I learn?
After completion you will be able to:
- Understand the nature of extreme events
- Know about the triggers that can tip the balance towards unlikely events occurring
- Be able to undertake an audit of the plans and preparations your organisation has in place for dealing with the unusual.
This course is accompanied by a manual that has course notes, examples, and practical exercises.
- I’ve heard of the words ‘Black Swan’ what do they mean?
- How much harm have organisations experienced through unlikely events?
- Can my organisation be held accountable for unpredicted events?
- Do risk management brainstorming processes cover every aspect of risk?
Auditing crisis management and extreme risk events
- Proportionality comes into play, we can’t plan for everything
- Triggers for extreme events – keeping risk assessments up to date
- Awareness of external facts and trends, risk indicators
- Understanding of third-party risks and impacts
- Domino effects – mapping them into your system, better risk registers
- Crises management plans – what do they look like and what can I review?
- Where should crises plans be kept?
- Staff training, user awareness – where and how are staff involved, what to review?
- Crisis response capability – do we need this, what to review?
- Reducing the impact – what should we do and what do I review?
- Roles and responsibilities – do we need to define them, what to review?
- Internal responses – what to review?
- External responses – what to review?
- Testing of crises management plans – what to review?
- Post crises – collection and analysis of data and actions taken – what to review?
- Telling the outside world – engaging with our customers – what to review?
- Reporting to the outside world – engaging with other bodies – what to review?
- Communicating criminal incidents to law enforcement – what to review?
- Learning from others – keeping up to date – what to review?
Presented by: Mindgrove Ltd
Duration: One day
All the courses in this section are created, designed and presented by the staff of Mindgrove UK.