Handling Challenging Situations *new*
March 3 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm GMT
One event on 3rd March 2020 at 9:00 am
Another day in the office and another challenging conversation, sound familiar? All internal auditors meet non-co-operative subjects, managers that challenge their work, or staff that just don’t want to listen. This course gives you ten core strategies to deploy to help keep you in the driving seat.
Who should attend?
This course is open to all.
What will I learn?
After completion you will be better able to:
- Keep calm and stay in control of demanding situations;
- Save energy and time in reaching agreements; and
- Understand better how to deal with difficult human beings.
The course is accompanied by a manual that holds course notes and descriptions of strategies.
Core strategies for dealing with challenging situations
- They don’t like you or don’t like your audit role?
- What behaviour research tells us about people
- People like people, like themselves – Strategy 1
- Modelling /Mirroring – making connections – Strategy 2
- Confidentiality and sharing – building trust and integrity between people that disagree – how to do it and when to say what comes next – Strategy 3
- Their view of risk is different to yours, they don’t think you understand, they don’t want your involvement?
- Helping a less co-operative person get to agree to a meeting – Strategy 4
- Getting agreement through writing (reports) – Strategy 5
- Reciprocity and indebtedness – influencing to respond – Strategy 6
- Scarcity – how others will want to be included – Strategy 7
- What behavioural research tells us about the use of power by individuals
- Dealing with tricky situations
- Who’s doing the talking – how listening intelligently allows you to keep control – Strategy 8
- Where do we three meet again – how the meeting place can help or hinder your situation – Strategy 9
- Defusing the games people play – ‘yes, but’ and ‘if it wasn’t for you’ – Strategy 10
Presented by: Mindgrove Ltd
Duration: One full day
All the courses in this section are created, designed and presented by the staff of Mindgrove UK.